Monday, April 23, 2018

Roast Beef Boursin Bites

Hello Everyone!
I don't know about any one else, but I always seem to be a little more whipped after work on a Monday than any other workday.  Even if the work day isn't anything out of the normal.  That was how it was for me today.  Of course, it didn't help that my allergies were the worst today and were kicking my behind like they were getting paid for it.  So when I got home today, I was hungry, and didn't want to eat fast food, but I just was up to doing even one of my super basic meals.  So I decided to make a leftover picnic.


What, you may ask, is a leftover picnic?  That is when you go into the fridge, look at all of the foods that you can eat without cooking, and see if you can prepare a nice, easy cold meal out of them.  One of the things I had was a little bit of pot roast that I had made earlier in the week.  Normally I would have turned it into roast beef sandwiches - but there wasn't quite enough, or stir-fry - but I didn't feel like cooking.  Instead, I decided that I would serve them on crackers as part of my leftovers picnic. 
Oh.  My.  Goodness. 
They were so delicious that I thought that I would share this quick "meal" idea with y'all.  For those nights when cooking is just too much.

Roast Beef Boursin Bites


Ingredients
Roast Beef  (a small piece leftover from a pot roast dinner)
Boursin Cheese - Garlic and Herb
Dijon or Creole Mustard - my husband and I like the Grey Poupon Country Dijon Mustard
Round Crackers - like Ritz crackers

Instructions
1.  Slice the roast beef as thin as you possibly can.  Trying to do your best to trim them into two inch, by two inch pieces.  You know, the perfect size to put on a cracker.
2.  Assemble your cracker.  For me, I like to smear the Boursin cheese on the cracker, then put the roast beef slice so that the Boursin sort of works like a glue to keep the roast beef in place, and then I put a small dollop of the Grey Poupon.

These things are so good!  My husband and I couldn't believe how delicious they were. 

Along with the Roast Beef Boursin Bites I included the following:
     Assorted cheeses, thinly sliced
     Salami, thinly sliced
     Celery sticks with peanut butter for dipping
     Carrots with blue cheese dressing for dipping
     Grapes
     Apple slices sprinkled with lavender sugar
I put everything on a big cutting board and put it on the bed in the bedroom.  So relaxing.
I know!  It sounds fancy when you put them all together, but these are just things that I have in my fridge for lunch and dinner during the week.  (The cheese and the salami are part of my go to's for eating a semi-healthy lunch.)
It makes for a super relaxing meal - partly because you can munch on it as you watch television.  I know, I know we're not supposed to eat and watch television, but almost all of us do it, so don't judge me.  You can relax even more if you have glass of wine or cup of tea with your leftover picnic.
Well, this was just a quick post to share a quick meal idea.
Hope you enjoyed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment