Saturday, January 16, 2016

7th Post - Saturday Night Meal - White Pizza with Bacon and Boursin Cheese

Good Evening!

Today, I spent the day taking down Christmas-- I know, I'm a little delayed.  In my defense, Christmas in Louisiana this year was very warm and it didn't feel very Christmas-y.  It got cold the following weeks and I wanted to enjoy Christmas trees the way they were meant to be enjoyed- by a fire with a cup of hot cocoa or warm tea in your hands in a mug the size of a bathtub.  But, eventually, all things must end and it was time -- it was starting to get weird.  And I don't believe in leaving trees up and adding decorations to make them work for another holiday.  This is just my opinion--no offense to those people who love to have a Mardi Gras tree.
Tonight's recipe is going to be pizza!   I debated with myself on how to write this recipe, because I never make my pizza that same way twice.  I let what ever is in the house and whatever I feel like eating create the pizza.  So I am going to give you the building blocks for a pizza.  Let it inspire you to make whatever type of pizza you want.

 

White Pizza with Bacon and Boursin Cheese

Ingredients
1 premade pizza crust  (You can make your own......but this is easier.)
2 tbsp. Pesto paste
1/2 to 1tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 small onion, minced
Boursin cheese
1/4- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
2-3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
1/4 - 1/2 cup cooked chicken, diced (this should be the chicken you had left over from your roast chicken)
1/4 tsp. basil (or more taste), garnish

Instructions
1. Prepare pizza crust per instructions on package.  (Some are pre-cooked while others you have to cook before putting on your toppings.  So make sure you read the package carefully.)
2. In a small bowl, (I like to use a custard bowl), combine pesto paste and olive oil, you may need to add more or less oil to get a consistency similar to pizza sauce. Spread over pizza with large spoon or spatula.
3.  Dice bacon and cook in small frying pan.  Do not cook completely.  The bacon will finish cooking as the pizza bakes.  Set aside and let cool.
4.  Sprinkle garlic, onion, chicken and bacon in desired amounts on pizza crust.  This is really up to you depending on your own personal tastes.  Just make certain that you spread them equally over the pizza.
5. Crumble the Boursin cheese and sprinkle over pizza. Again the portions are your choice, but I usually like to use about 1/4 to 1/2 of the package. 
6.  Sprinkle cheddar cheese.  (I have cheddar cheese in this recipe because we have used it earlier this week in other recipes, but you can use any cheese on hand that you think would be delicious.)
7.  Sprinkle on parmesan cheese.
8.  Following the instruction on the pizza crust package, cook the pizza according to directions.  Remove from the oven when the parmesan is golden and the cheese has melted and bubbled.
9.  Let rest for 10 minutes and slice.
10.  Garnish with basil if desired.

So, there you go, delicious pizza!!!  Again, use this recipe as a template only.  Pizza night is the perfect night to use up any little bits of things that you might not have used while you were cooking during the week and won't be using in the following week of dinners. 

That is one whole week of dinners done.  Yay!!!!  I will continue posting recipes for the second part of the menu all next week.  Then, I will stray away from food and get crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment